1) Bitter Gourd – Karela. This vegetable can be had as often as one can. People also recommend having its juice to reduce blood sugar levels.
2) Amla: Amla is a rich source of vitamin C and is considered to be effective in controlling diabetes. Its affects along with that of Bitter gourd juice have been widely studied in Ayurveda. Along with Bitter gourd juice it helps pancreas secrete more insulin.
3) Basil Leaves: Tulsi Leaves along with neem leaves and belpatras are also advised to patients of diabetes. Ten tulsi leaves, ten neem leaves along with ten belpatras can be had with a glass of water early morning on an empty stomach.
4) Fenugreek seeds in various forms is also advised to people with Diabetes. Some people recommend having two teaspoons of powdered Fenugreek seeds with milk and some suggest to swallow Two teaspoons of seeds.
5) Shilajit along with juice of stone apple is also considered good for Diabetes
6) Fresh fully grown curry leaves if had every morning continuously for 3-4 months have also shown to cure diabetes due to hereditary and obesity.
7) Jamun and powder of its seed is also recommended for Diabetes
8)Gurmar is also said to have shown good results in lowering blood sugar. This herb can be an excellent substitute for oral blood sugar-lowering drugs in Type 2 diabetes. Even Onion and garlic are considered to have significant blood sugar lowering action.
Although all the above are widely publicized dadima’s diabetes cure but enough research data on the efficacy of these doesn’t exist. People should continue taking their medicines along with these so that their sugar levels don’t shoot up. It is very important to control stress. Avoid fatigue, and emotional upsets. Stresses create anxiety that send damaging hormones racing through your system. Exercise can be used to control stress. Exercise is one of the most effective ways to prevent diabetes and controlling blood sugar levels.