Food is the primary necessity in a person’s life and eating a nutritious food in proper limits and time is equally important. Adeline Virginia Woolf, a famous English writer, in her quote “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well”, has cited the predominant importance of food, its ability to improve the efficiency of our thought process, to induce sound sleep and even to have a good love life.
Eating well doesn’t mean to eat non-nutritious food in more than required quantities. Adequate intake of healthy foods, in proper timings helps you to lead a hale and healthy life.
A good, nutritious food is capable of provoking positive thinking and thereby ensures psychological well-being. Such good eating practices help to get rid of the negative thoughts completely. Following are few foods which are capable of having a good impact on your brain health.
- Foods rich in antioxidants (the free radical scavengers), like blueberries, strawberries, grapes, blackberries, walnuts, greens, green tea, spinach, tomato, carrot and spices like turmeric and saffron help in improving the memory, delaying aging and maintain brain health.
- Essential fatty acids (omega-3s and omega-6s) rich foods like leafy greens, walnuts, some seeds, sea vegetables, few fishes and some legumes which aid in proper cognitive functioning.
Proper brain health and psychological wellness guarantees sound sleep and joyous love life. Shallow and disturbed sleep makes the complete schedule of the day ruined since your brain would have not got proper rest. A person who starves is sure not to have a good sleep and thereby every single aspect related to his psychological wellness gets disturbed. Scroll down for few tips to alleviate sleep deprivation.
- Try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Sleep in a well ventilated and dark room.
- See a pleasure-giving/delightful thing before you sleep and when you wake up.
- Refrain from exhaustive and severe stress involved work before going to bed.
- Engage in regular physical activity.
- Limit or avoid alcohol or caffeine.
- Let the dinner be as light as possible and starch-based.
- Finish your dinner at least one to two hours before going to bed.
- Do not have beverages like tea, coffee etc after six in the evening.
- Drink plenty of fluids during the day, but stop drinking one to two hours before bed.
Hence, it obviously means that eating well helps to think, love and sleep well and helps you to stay healthy throughout your life. EAT WELL, LIVE WELL!