Festive season is generally the time when most people end up indulging in a little bit sweets, oily foods, cakes, dry fruits etc. This also leaves one with a sense of guilt at times. After all the bingeing, Detox can be of help.
Among all the festivities and binge eating, our digestive system gets completely screwed. All the healthy diet plans and weight loss regimes of months are pit on back burner for some time. Infact I also advised my clients to skip 1 week of diet plans as I know most of them wouldnt be able to follow the same during the festive season. But after all this neglect all parts of body needs some rest from oily and greasy foods, desserts and litres of cold drinks . Detox can be one the ways to get rid of all the toxins one has accumulated in these festive weeks.
A detox diet can make one feel cleaner and lighter. It also helps skin regain its complexion and often leaves people feeling more energetic . Most of my clients report improved energy levels, clearer skin and regular bowel movements and increased concentration.
Detox diet should defintely include following:
- Lots of water, for it is the perfect drink to cleanse your system and restore the moisture.
- Oily and fatty food items should be avoided during detox regime
- Smoking should be avoided during Detox as it robs off all the moisture in the body giving lots of injurious toxins
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be part of the detox regime
- Yoga / 30 mins of brisk walk every day should be included in the detox regime
- If possible one can also avoid onion, garlic on the detox days and food should definitely not contain much spice
- Alcohol is a complete no no during the detox regime